Web Site Bugs Fixed

MrMobileWill HomeAutomation, Robot WebSite 0 Comments

At last, the mysterious web site bugs have been fixed! Thursday night I got the urge to work on the robot website. It was more of me wanting to add my smart outlet to the site. I will post about the smart outlet soon. I had two bugs on the site, one of which I’ve had for a year. Bug #1This bug I have had since the beginning of the web site. Whenever I would receive data from the Robot/Arduino to display on the web site, the string would be cut off. For example, if it would say something like “Current Power Usage” instead I would get “Current Po.” The same for the Robot if it would say “Left” I would get “Le” or something like that. Also, I would …

YawCam

MrMobileWill Robot WebSite 0 Comments

Last month I decided to improve the streaming software for the video feeds from my robots. Thus far I have been using Active WebCam which I’ve had good success, minus a few things. So I set out to find something else. I decided to revisit YawCam which I had tested in the past but for one reason or another I decided against it. This time though, I decided to give it a try and see if it would work for my robots. YawCam has gone through some updates since I used it last. It is actively supported and used. Getting multiple webcams to work isn’t the cleanest solution with YawCam but it works. My main selling point is that I was able to stream video …

Robot Control Web Site

MrMobileWill Programming, Robot WebSite, SBot1, SBot2 0 Comments

Since SBot 1, I have been working on a web site to control my robot. This way any platform can control it as long as it has a browser. Eventually I may create specific apps for Android/iPhone just for the experience of mobile app development as I have not had the opportunity. I recently added forms based authencation. Before it would prompt for login. The back end uses Active Directory.  This is the control site for SBot 1. You can see a tab for JBot1. That is an implementation I setup to use java to refresh the images so they are smoother but doesn’t work for mobile. Control site for Sbot 2 which doesn’t have all the controls yet. I started with the simple ASP.Net example in …

Week of 07/24/2011 and 07/31/2011

MrMobileWill Robot WebSite, SBot1 0 Comments

Even though this week isn’t over, I still wanted to post my current progress since during the week of July 17, most of my time was spent packing for Comic-Con in San Diego. It was an awesome trip and I will probably post pictures soon. I wasn’t able to blog about it or my robot again last week because with travelling, plus that many people at the Con, and lack of sleep, illness struck so I was out sick most of the week. So far, this week, I was able to make some progress. Me and my girlfriend have started a schedule to get us back into a weeknight routine so that we can work on projects and other to-do’s that …