1 ROB-10016 Universal Plate Set
The same day I ordered from Adafruit:
1 171 Motor Party Add-On Pack for Arduino
This was enough to get started and moving. I went with the Motor Party pack since it came with servos and such but later realized there isn’t room for a pan/tilt camera mount so I have yet to use the servos. From here, I was able to get the framework of my code working and was also able to move the robot and eventually send commands via serial to control it. At this point I started looking at way to control it via the web. My first method was with using PHP talking to the serial port, but later, I ended up using Serialproxy. Serialproxy takes a COM port and bridges it to an IP/Port; this is made it much easier to control remotely. I am using the Tinkerproxy build. For testing I can telnet to my robot and send commands.
This was great but it meant the robot was tethered to my desk, well, actually as far as the USB cable would go. A long USB cable wouldn’t cut it. At this point I knew this is something I could build on and promptly wanted to start ordering some more.